Friday, February 8, 2008

Quick Update: Weekend in Puerto Viejo

¡Buenos dias amigos! I'm sorry its been a while since I've posted but this week has been pretty hectic. All exchange students spent pretty much all week going through the long, drawn out orientation process. Although boring at times, it was a lot of fun to meet other students from a bunch of different countries (Norway, Germany, Spain, Chile and others) and to make some friends my age! I won't post any pictures with this post, since I'm leaving for Puerto Viejo in an hour or so. It's a small surfing town in the far southeast corner of Costa Rica thats known for great waves and beautiful beaches. Everybody I've talked to says its one of the best places to visit in the country. Let's hope that not everybody had the same idea for this weekend! I've been warned to look out for mischievous monkeys that like to steal anything and everything from tourists. I'll make sure to keep an eye in the trees.
I'm going with the two other girls that I met from OU here, and some other girls from OSU and Germany are meeting us there tomorrow. I'll make sure to take tons of pictures so you guys can live vicariously through them! Unless the monkeys get my camera...
mucho amor,
juanito

P.S. Sorry this post feels kind of rushed. I promise more interesting and detailed posts in the future.

No comments: