Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Countdown: One Week

Hey guys! So I've got about a week left in Oklahoma before I leave for Costa Rica. I'd love to tell you that I'm about ready to go, but I've still got plenty of stuff to do. I thought about packing some stuff for the first time today, but thinking is about all I got done. Aside from the monumental task of packing for the next 6 months, however, I'm about ready to head out. Weekdays spent in Edmond have been extremely boring, especially lately since everybody has gone back to school. I usually wake up at around noon, then mess around online, eat, practice Spanish, watch TV, go to the gym and sleep (not necessarily in that order). Needless to say, beginning next Wednesday, things should begin to get a little more exciting .

I'll let you guys know a little bit about my trip plans. I will be studying at Universidad de Costa Rica, in San José. It is the oldest and largest university in Costa Rica and one of the largest in Central America with 39,000 undergrads (thanks Wikipedia). I'm living with a host family, who will put up with me for the entire 6 months I'm there. I can only hope they know what they've gotten themselves into. I'm assuming they're filthy rich, drug smugglers who live in an enormous mansion and need me to fill one of their lavish guest bedrooms. Realizing that probably won't be the case, I've curbed my expectations, ever so slightly...

I don't know anybody else going down there from school, although there are at least two other OU students in the same program. In order to force myself to be outgoing, I decided to avoid meeting them beforehand. Let's hope my Spanish can hold up as I legally consume alcohol for the first time. In moderation. Of course. I'll make sure to take lots of pictures so everybody can enjoy the super sights of San José, Costa Rica.
Stay tuned for more...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man, i can only imagine how boring it has to be in edmond this week...but then again i don't want to bore myself that. haha. as gay as this might sound...i like your writing style.

michael