Thursday, January 31, 2008

Finalmente... ¡estoy aqui!

I just got in about an hour ago and I couldn't be more excited to be here. I wish it wasn't so late, so I could go explore right now, but I have to get up early tomorrow and I barely slept last night.
From what I've seen, San José isn't very pretty, but it looks like there's tons to do! I'll probably spend tomorrow exploring and trying to figure out how to get around on the buses. My cab driver and I spoke in Spanish the entire 20 minutes from the airport to my hotel and I understood almost everything! He mostly told me about how all Costa Rican drivers are drunk, and showed me some of the hot spots in the city center. He was quite the character. I'll fill you guys in on more when I'm not so tired. ¡Buenas noches, y pura vida!
John

PS I have pictures on my Flickr account. http://flickr.com/photos/22205534@N02/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! You are not missing much. It is snowing but sadly school has not been canceled ;-; I can't wait to see pics ^_____^

p.s. try to stick to the sober taxi drivers

Anonymous said...

yeah i actually saw a video on youtube about there being a lot of drunk drivers in costa rica. you better be out enjoying your month left before school starts.
+michael